Wednesday, October 16, 2013

NYC and Hard Candy Product Review

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting much!!!  My laptop is STILL broken and I've been busy with school and such but I promise I will try to make posts more often!

Today I wanted to review NYC's Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder and Hard Candy's Glamoflauge concealer.  Just to warn you guys, I'm not very impressed with Hard Candy's concealer...like at all.

NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in Translucent 714A - Approximately $3(not 100% sure)
I went into this looking for a powder to set my makeup and I didn't have that much time to read whatever the back of this package said so I just bought it hoping that it actually would set my makeup hahah!  I've found that this powder helps my makeup look smoother and more put together but I don't think it really sets my makeup and helps it last throughout the day all that much.  If you're looking for a cheap makeup setting powder then I would definitely go for this one because it is SUPPPPEEERRR cheap which is just fabulous!!  The only big problem I have with this is that it does have talc in it which, as I have said before, is not good for acne prone skin like mine.

Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer in Light - Approximately $7
FIRST OF ALL, the package says: A heavy duty, multi-use concealer that provides ultimate coverage. Formula blends flawlessly into skin. Hide everything from dark circles and blemishes to tattoos.  I honestly cannot express how upset I am with this product.  I had always heard about it and how amazing the coverage is but it really is not great at all.  This product is incredibly THICK and DRY.  Or at least on my skin it is.  I tried using it under my eyes and I looked like I put 8 layers of different concealers on.  It's great because a tiny tiny tiny bit goes an insanely long way, but the coverage is no good and it completely dries out my skin.  Unfortunately, I am incredibly disappointed with this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment